Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

into the municipal swimming team

#1 von wh3171 , 22.02.2020 06:28

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Behind a night to remember from junior Kaz Brown, the No. 21 Kentucky volleyball team swept South Carolina 3-0, (25-11, 25-20, 31-29). The Wildcats currently hold a 13-match winning streak and are unbeaten in Southeastern Conference play.Brown had a season-best 17 kills on 20 attempts, good for an .800 attacking clip. No Wildcat had hit above .750 on 10 or more attempts since Morgan Bergren did in 2014 in a match against Arkansas.We were very successful in the middle and (on) the right (side) the first time we played USC so it was part of the gameplan to get her (Brown) involved, head coach Craig Skinner said. Kaz was hot and we kept feeding it to her. She did a great job in transition of getting up and available. Thats how she has been practicing and it paid off tonight.Brown also added four blocks and accounted for a team-best 19.0 points.We have a lot of offensive weapons this year and teams are having a hard time picking and choosing who they are going to defend, Brown said. When we pass well and we have three or four options that has been a big help to me and all of the other hitters.The 21st-ranked Wildcats also picked up a major contribution from freshman Leah Edmond. The reigning SEC Freshman of the Week earned her fifth double-double with 14 kills and a career-high 13 digs. The Wildcats picked up 54 total kills, one off the 25-point rally era three-set record.Sophomore Olivia Dailey showed why she has three SEC Setter of the Week honors to her name tonight. Dailey earned her eighth-career match of 40 or more assists with 43 helpers, facilitating the offense to a .339 attacking clip. The Trussville, Alabama native also contributed seven digs.Olivia has some of the best hands Ive ever seen, Brown added. She knows where to get the ball and shes a key part of the offense.Junior libero Ashley Dusek led from the backline with a match-high 15 digs and found the double-digit mark once again. Dusek had hit double figures in every contest except one this season. UK had 56 total digs, its highest in a three-set match this season. Five Wildcats - Dusek, Edmond, Dailey, McKenzie Watson and Anni Thomasson - had five or more digs during the match.Kentucky returns to action on Sunday when the Wildcats head to Missouri for a nationally-televised matchup. First serve is set for 2 p.m. ET and can be seen live on the SEC Network.SET RECAPS Set 1 The first set was dominated by Kentucky. UK grabbed the lead early with an 8-1 run capped by a Brooke Morgan kill and never looked back. South Carolina only registered back-to-back points once during the set. Brown earned set point with a kill assisted by Dailey to take the first set 25-11. Brown led the way with five kills during the frame and Dailey registered 13 helpers.Set 2 The second set was a much different story. South Carolina started the frame on a 6-0 run before Kentucky could respond. Morgan put UK back on track with the first Kentucky point of the set. After closing the USC lead to 6-3, the match went back-and-forth before UK cut the lead to one on a Dailey kill. The Gamecocks expanded the lead to 16-12 before dwindling the lead due to errors. Kentucky took advantage with the score 17-15 in USCs favor and rattled off six-straight points, capped by a Brown kill. USC managed just three more points before Brown registered set point and UK took the frame, 25-20.Set 3 Much like the third set in Columbia, the final frame was hotly contested. Thomasson started things off with a service ace, and the set went back-and-forth until UK had a 10-7 lead. USC managed a 5-0 run and gained a 12-10 lead. Edmond pulled the Wildcats back within one, but the Gamecocks responded with two kills of their own. UK went down four at 16-12 before two Brown kills helped Kentucky get back within one. No team managed to pull ahead more than one until match point. After USC went ahead 29-28, an Emily Franklin kill tied the set. A block from Franklin and Morgan allowed UK to take the lead at 30-29 and a bad set from South Carolina gave UK match point, 31-29.17 - Kills for Kaz Brown, a season-best8 - Career 40+ assist nights for Olivia Dailey5 - Career double-doubles for Leah Edmond.800 - Kaz Browns attacking clip, the highest attacking percentage for an individual since 2014 [url=http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-2021-fake/air-max-270-clay-green.html]Air Max 270 Clay Green[/url] . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. [url=http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-2021-fake.html]Air Max 270 2021[/url] . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. [url=http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-react-pink-fake.html]http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-react-pink-fake.html[/url] . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. [url=http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-2021-fake/air-max-270-white.html]Air Max 270 White[/url] . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. [url=http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-react-purple-fake.html]Air Max 270 React Purple[/url] . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. The latest Olympic hero for China is not even a gold medalist.Fu Yuanhui is popular for simply being herself -- unafraid to show her unfiltered, wacky facial expressions and candid words.Her smile lit up the deck as she took a victory lap with the bronze medal around her neck for her performance in the 100-meter backstroke. She didnt care that it wasnt gold, even if her country has long pushed athletes to get to the top of the podium.As if to prove the point, she thanked herself.I want to tell myself that ... your perseverance and efforts in the past have not been in vain, Fu said. Though I didnt win first place, I have already surpassed myself.Her candor -- paired with animated facial expressions -- is a rarity among Chinese elite athletes, who have spent so much time in the rigid state sport system that their vocabulary is often robotically limited by the state parlance that puts the countrys honor and national pride first.Just six years ago, a senior Chinese official chided short-track speedskater Zhou Yang for failing to thank the country first and only mentioning her parents after winning gold in the 1,500-meter event at the Vancouver Olympics.For decades, the Chinese public has been obsessed with Olympic gold medals but turned their nose up on anything less than the top spot on the podium. They even were downright cruel to athletes who failed to win gold and considered it a shame to come only second.The adoration piled upon Fu as her followers on social media swelled to nearly 5 million from 56,000 this week, the latest sign that China is moving away from the gold-medal mentality and starting to respect sportsmanship and athletes as individuals.The Chinese society has indeed changed. We still have the collective desire to remain first-class in the world, but we are respecting individual rights, opined the state-run newspaper Global Times -- known for its nationalistic stance -- on Fus soaring popularity..ddddddddddddAlthough Fu Yuanhui is an exception, it marks changes in the generation of younger athletes. The echoing applause by the Chinese public marks a shift in the societal awareness, wrote the editorial, suggesting that Chinas politics is partly to be blamed for the restraints and reservation often exhibited by Chinese athletes.Born in an average family in the prospering eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou, Fu began to swim at 5 when her parents hoped the water exercise could improve her health and alleviate her asthma, according to a 2015 Chinese media report. Her talent emerged, and the girl was recruited into the municipal swimming team. Considered a genius in the pool, Fu competed in London but came home empty-handed. Unabashed, she reportedly joked she had drunk enough of the foot-washing water of other swimmers.Fu apparently has not considered the Olympic gold a must in her swimming career, a departure from state athletes who are tasked with winning for the sake of the country.On her 20th birthday in January, she posted this on her social media account: I know for what I live. I know the kind of life I want. Its simple. Joy. Loving Heart. Gratitude.This is what I want. Being outstanding or not, it does not matter.Her parents also put no pressure on her.We set no goal for her, but whats important is to enjoy the process and to be happy, her father, Fu Chunsheng, told local media in 2013. But theres one principle that she should feel no regret when she looks back on this experience after 10 years.It doesnt look like she will. The swimmer claimed she used primordial force in Rio, and the term became an instant meme in Chinas social media. And her exaggerated expression of surprise in learning her speed has gone viral:Incredible. I am that fast? she said. I am very satisfied. ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

Mullins son and assistant Patrick