Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

This is the type of victory that great

#1 von wh3171 , 22.02.2020 06:20

Sir Bradley Wiggins insists he is still to make a decision about his future after winning what was expected to be his final event.The 36-year-old cyclist and fellow Briton Mark Cavendish won the Ghent Six-Day in the Belgian city of Wiggins birth, after a thrilling Madison.Wiggins had previously suggested that team pursuit triumph was the fairytale conclusion to his career, and that Ghent would be the ideal place for his final appearance.However, while Wiggins confirmed it was his last race with Cavendish, the 2012 Tour de France winner hinted he could yet carry on.I was born here and Ive always felt this is a second home to me, he told Eurosport.Its always special to win here. And I always said that this would be my final send-off, to come here and race Ghent for one last time.To win it with Mark as well, after everything we have been through the last 10 years together. This will be the last time we race together for sure.Maybe not my last individually, but together as a pairing. When you think what we have achieved together it is incredible.I am not sure about my future yet, but at this moment Ive still got really good legs. I dont want to say 100 percent then make an announcement next week. I am just going to enjoy today.In a nip-and-tuck finale to the hour-long Madison, the British duo won a three-way duel with rival pairs Kenny De Ketele and Moreno De Pauw, and Elia Viviani and Iljo Keisse.With just five laps of the race to go Wiggins made his move and he and Cavendish were declared lap leaders.Me and Cav are like brothers you know, added Wiggins.We have a good time together and would do anything for each other. We fight and bicker, but we know each others strengths.We have raced together a lot, for 12 to 13 years now. It has been a great partnership. [url=https://www.cheapavalanche.com/]Wholesale Avalanche Jerseys[/url] .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. [url=https://www.cheapavalanche.com/]Avalanche Jerseys 2020[/url] . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. [url=https://www.cheapavalanche.com/]https://www.cheapavalanche.com/[/url] . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. [url=https://www.cheapavalanche.com/]Stitched Avalanche Jerseys[/url] . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. [url=https://www.cheapavalanche.com/]Colorado Avalanche Pro Shop[/url] . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. PASADENA, Calif. -- UCLA contained Christian McCaffrey, kept Stanfords offense out of the end zone and generated just enough points to lead the Pac-12 champions until the Cardinals final drive.And then everything reverted to usual form in this one-sided California rivalry.J.J. Arcega-Whiteside caught an 8-yard touchdown pass from Ryan Burns with 24 seconds to play, and No. 7 Stanford rallied for its ninth consecutive victory over the Bruins, 22-13 on Saturday night.McCaffrey rushed for 138 yards for the Cardinal (3-0, 2-0 Pac-12), but they struggled on offense for 3 1/2 quarters. Stanford got the ball back with 2:05 left and coolly put together a 70-yard drive capped by Burns fade to Arcega-Whiteside, who got one foot inbounds on an acrobatic play.We just kept our composure from the time we started to the time we finished, Arcega-Whiteside said. We made mistakes, but you could sense in those last two minutes that we were all going to execute. When we do it, it all pays off.Solomon Thomas then returned Josh Rosens fumble 42 yards for a touchdown on the games final play, punctuating the heartbreak for a lively Rose Bowl crowd. Even with that TD, Stanford had its lowest-scoring performance since the 2015 season opener.PAIN WITHOUT GAINAnother stirring Stanford victory was another soul-crushing loss for the Bruins (2-2, 0-1), who havent beaten their upstate rivals since 2008. They had never even led the Cardinal for more than six minutes in any of those eight straight losses, but UCLA nursed an advantage in this one for nearly three quarters -- until Stanford snatched it away again.Thats about as difficult as it gets, said UCLA coach Jim Mora, who has never beaten Stanfords David Shaw. It stings when you lose like that, and played so courageously on defense, and done such a great job against a really good team, and they make the play. Doesnt matter whho you play.dddddddddddd Losing like that is just awful.ROSENS VOWRosen passed for 248 yards for the Bruins, hitting Nate Iese for his only touchdown in the first half. He got the Bruins to midfield in the final seconds, but couldnt reach field goal range before fumbling on a sack from behind.The sophomore passer still thinks UCLA can rally to make the Pac-12 title game.Its one of the top teams in our conference, and were going to see them again, Rosen said. Were a million percent going to see them again.THE TAKEAWAYSTANFORD: The Cardinal barely escaped with yet another victory, but UCLAs defense might have provided clues to other teams about how to control McCaffrey and the seemingly unstoppable Stanford offense. This is the type of victory that great programs get, and Shaws unlikely powerhouse proved its tenacity yet again.UCLA: The Bruins changed their offensive approach and bulked up their defensive line in the offseason, all with the intention of matching Stanfords brute strength and deceptive sophistication. The positive changes werent evident in the Bruins first three games, but they showed up in this matchup -- just not quite long enough for a win.POLL IMPLICATIONSSTANFORD: The Pac-12s highest-ranked team and preseason favorite will stay in the top 10 , but it wasnt impressive. The Cardinal wont move up, but No. 8 Michigan States loss means they arent likely to slide much, either.UCLA: Nope.UP NEXTSTANFORD: This trip had trap-game potential due to the Cardinals visit to No. 9 Washington on Friday night in a game that could establish early supremacy in the Pac-12 race.UCLA: The Bruins stay home for a visit from Arizona after shaking off this heartbreaker.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

a sacrifice fly early in a June 28