Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

The team formally announced Tuesday

#1 von wh3171 , 15.01.2020 03:13

BRISBANE, Australia -- One of the Williams sisters advanced to the final in an Australian Open warm-up event at Auckland, and the other is one victory away in Brisbane. [url=http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Laken-Tomlinson-49ers-Jersey/]Laken Tomlinson Super Bowl Jersey[/url] . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. Second-seeded Ana Ivanovic turned Saturdays final into a match between former world No. 1s when she beat third-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium 6-2, 7-6 (3). Top-ranked Serena Williams was playing third-seeded Maria Sharapova in the Brisbane International semifinals later Friday. Shes the defending Brisbane champion and has a 14-2 winning record against Sharapova, including the last 13 matches dating back to 2005. While Serena Williams has been close to career-best form, winning 78 of her 82 matches in 2013, her older sister Venus has been struggling with injuries and is playing her first tournament since September. The ASB Classic will be her first final since she captured the title in Luxembourg in October 2012. Ivanovic, who won the most recent of her 11 WTA singles titles in 2011, has the chance to carry considerable momentum into the Australian Open later this month if she can maintain her current form. She swept through the first set of the semifinal in only 21 minutes, breaking Flipkens in the first, third and fifth games. "In the first set I didnt do much wrong and in the second set we were both serving really well," Ivanovic said. "Im just really happy that I kept calm in the tiebreak and played some really good tennis." Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka was playing Jelena Jankovic in the Brisbane semifinals on Friday afternoon, hoping for a spot in the final against either Serena Williams or Sharapova. On the mens side in Brisbane, second-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan reached the semifinals with a 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 win over Marin Cilic of Croatia and will next meet former No. 1-ranked Lleyton Hewitt, who cruised past Romanian qualifier Marius Copil 6-4, 6-2. Top-seeded Roger Federer will play Australian Marinko Matosevic in a night match. At the Hopman Cup mixed team event in Perth, France clinched a place in Saturdays final against Poland by beating winless Spain. Alize Cornet overcame left hamstring soreness to beat Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-2, 6-2 before Jo-Wilfried Tsonga sealed the victory by defeating 194th-ranked Daniel Munoz-De La Nava 6-4, 6-7 (7), 6-2. The United States takes on Czech Republic in a night match. [url=http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Dre-Greenlaw-49ers-Jersey/]Dre Greenlaw Super Bowl Jersey[/url] . None of them was better than playing with LeBron James again. [url=http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Weston-Richburg-49ers-Jersey/]Weston Richburg Super Bowl Jersey[/url] . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together. [url=http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Ahkello-Witherspoon-49ers-Jersey/]http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Ahkello-Witherspoon-49ers-Jersey/[/url] . 31-Feb. 2. While organizers havent decided if itll be red or green clay, they feel their choice of surface will give the Americans an advantage over Britain, which is expected to be led by defending Wimbledon champion Andy Murray.TAMPA, Fla. -- A month after being inducted into pro footballs Hall of Fame, Derrick Brooks will become the newest member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor. The team formally announced Tuesday that the nine-time All-Pro linebacker who led the Bucs to their only Super Bowl title 11 seasons ago will also have his No. 55 jersey retired during a ceremony at halftime of a home game against the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 14. Brooks was the 28th player selected in the 1995 NFL draft and teamed with Tampa Bays other first-round pick that year -- Hall of Famer Warren Sapp -- to form the foundation of a dominant defence that helped transform a struggling franchise once jokingly called the "Yucs" into a perennial playoff contender. "If Warren was the heart of our defence, then todays inductee, Derrick Brooks, was the soul that propelled us to our world championship in 2002," Bucs co-chairman Bryan Glazer said. "On any given Sunday, Derrick easily was the best athlete on the field," Glazer added. "There was no tight end he could not cover, no quarterback he could not chase down for a sack and no running back he could not tackle in the open field." Brooks, wholl enter the pro football Hall of Fame in August, joins Lee Roy Selmon, John McKay, Jimmie Giles, Paul Gruber and Sapp in having his name displayed in the Ring of Honor, which was created in 2009 at Raymond James Stadium. [url=http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/Youth-Jimmie-Ward-49ers-Jersey/]Jimmie Ward Super Bowl Jersey[/url]. Selmon, elected to the Hall of Fame in 1995, and Sapp, enshrined in Canton a year ago, are the only other players to have their jerseys retired by the Buccaneers. The 11-time Pro Bowl selection recalled Tuesday how when Tony Dungy arrived in Tampa in 1996 -- Brooks second pro season -- the former Bucs coach challenged him and Sapp to become the best players they could be by striving to do for Tampa Bay what eventual Hall of Famers Joe Greene and Jack Ham did for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1970s. "We took it to heart," Brooks said, adding that someone had suggested to him that the Bucs decision to induct him into the Ring of Honor was one of "worst-kept" secrets in town because it comes the same year he joined Sapp as a first-ballot Hall of Famer. "I dont look at it that way. As I told Mr. Glazer, you dont take anything for granted. You dont make any assumptions," Brooks said. "Today is a very important day in my life. To have my number retired is extremely special, too." Brooks didnt miss a game in 14 pro seasons, ending his career with a stretch of 208 consecutive regular-season starts, tied for the 10th-longest streak in NFL history, His 10 consecutive Pro Bowl berths from 1997 to 2007 tied for the second-longest by a linebacker in league history. ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

it is unclear how far up the chain