Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

My goal is to go out there and make every

#1 von wh3171 , 02.01.2020 08:31

GREENBURGH, N. [url=https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/1597b-martin-havlat-jersey-blackhawks.html]Martin Havlat Jersey[/url] .Y. -- Just two days after surprisingly watching from the bench for a second straight game, No. 1 goalie Henrik Lundqvist agreed to a long-term contract extension with the New York Rangers on Wednesday. Lundqvist, in the final season of a six-year, $41.25 million deal, agreed to a seven-year contract worth $59.5 million. His salary-cap charge will rise from $6.875 million to $8.5 million and make him the NHLs highest-paid goalie. Lundqvist will earn $11 million next season, $10 million in 2015-16, $9.5 million the following season, $9 million in 2017-18, $7.5 million in 2018-19, $7 million in 2019-20, and $5.5 in the final year. The deal should keep him starring on Broadway for the rest of his career. "About eight months ago I sat down for the first time with my family and my agent and kind of discussed my future," Lundqvist said Wednesday after practice. "There were two things that became really clear to me: No. 1 was I really wanted to win the (Stanley) Cup here in New York. Its my biggest goal and my biggest dream and what really pushes me right now to work harder. Secondly, I want to be a Ranger for life. "To picture myself anywhere else, it was just wrong and it was never an option." New York general manager Glen Sather and team owner James Dolan agreed. That helped negotiations go smoothly until they were completed Tuesday. "There were lots of pieces," Sather said. "This was a very friendly, peaceful, low-key, unemotional decision to be made by everyone. It was fun. I enjoyed it." With the salary cap projected to rise, one hurdle was cleared. "A lot of that is speculation, so far. You still have to be careful," Sather said. "It is terrific that Henrik decided to stay here. If he had gone someplace else, I am sure he wouldve earned more money, but it always isnt money thats a factor. You have to have a competitive team. "This organization is all about team, and Henrik is all about team. There was no Im going to leave if you dont give me what I want." Now Sather can turn his focus to a slew of other potential free agents, such as captain Ryan Callahan. Sather said behind-the-scenes talks are already underway. "Henrik was the one that had to be signed first, and thats the way we tried to do it," he said. Callahan said he hasnt tied his contract situation with Lundqvists, but he made it clear that he also wants to stay. "This is where I want to be," he said. "I am not going to air it out in the media about my contract and what is going on. I will just go about my business on the ice, and that stuff takes care of itself." It has been an unusual few days for the 31-year-old Lundqvist. The Swedish native is off to a slow start this season, especially by his standards, going 8-11 with a 2.51 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage in 20 games. With the sudden emergence of backup Cam Talbot, the slightest hint of a goalie controversy arose when Talbot was given the start by coach Alain Vigneault on Monday at home against Winnipeg two days after he started against Vancouver, led by former Rangers coach John Tortorella. "Its been a different week," Lundqvist said, "but you learn from all these different experiences. This was an opportunity for me to go really hard in practice and focus on my game. Now we managed to get this done, and I hope from here I can just raise my game and play at the level I need to play to help this team win." Talbot had won six straight starts before Monday, including a pair of shutouts, and hadnt allowed more than two goals in any outing. Those runs ended in New Yorks 5-2 loss to the Jets. Talbot still sports a stellar 1.79 GAA in nine appearances. "It wasnt weird at all," Callahan said. "We just continued to go about our business and prepared for our next game." Not that there was any doubt on the identity of the Rangers No. 1 netminder. Now there is no question who it is and who it will be for years. That future begins Thursday at Buffalo when Vigneault will start Lundqvist against the Sabres. "What do they say? Happy wife, happy life. Happy goalie, happy team," Vigneault said with a laugh. "As you can tell, I think this was a relief for Hank to finally know for sure that he is going to be a New York Ranger for the rest of his career. "I think this is very positive for our whole team." Lundqvists deal will take him through the 2020-21 season and keep him away from free agency until he is nearly 40. "He is everything that you would want on and off the ice," Dolan said. "As a team owner, he is the model of what you want in a player and a leader." Lundqvist has been a Vezina Trophy finalist as the NHLs top goalie in five of his eight seasons, winning it in 2012. He is 284-182-57 in the NHL, all with the Rangers, with a 2.26 GAA, .920 save percentage and 47 shutouts. "Henrik has been at the top or near the top of the league in goaltending excellence," former Rangers coach Tom Renney told The Associated Press in an email. "Through the typical and non-typical dynamics of the league, players in and out, coaching changes, living and playing in Manhattan, he has been as reliable as they come. "He is driven and passionate about winning, and takes his responsibility as the starting goalie for the Rangers very seriously. Good contract for a great goalie." Lundqvist, a seventh-round draft pick by the Rangers in 2000, made his NHL debut in 2005 when Renney coached New York. "He is paying for dinner, thats for sure," Callahan said of Lundqvist. "I am happy for him. He is the backbone of this team, and weve seen for all the years Ive been here how good he is." [url=https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/]Blackhawks Jerseys 2021[/url] . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. [url=https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/1797b-erik-gustafsson-jersey-blackhawks.html]Erik Gustafsson Jersey[/url] . The matchup will be made up in Minnesota at a later date. The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima. [url=https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/537b-doug-bentley-jersey-blackhawks.html]https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/537b-doug-bentley-jersey-blackhawks.html[/url] . Cabrera-Bello shot a 1-over-par 73 and was caught by Webster, who carded 70 at Doha Golf Club for three-round totals of 12-under 204. They were only one stroke ahead of Adrien Saddier of France, the biggest mover with six birdies in his opening seven holes in a round of 64, South African Thomas Aiken (70) and Denmarks Thorbjorn Olesen (68) on a packed leaderboard.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida – The time for talking is over. Its put up or shut up time. A pivotal season, the Blue Jays 38th in Major League Baseball, gets underway at Tropicana Field on Monday afternoon. Last springs eternal optimism has been replaced by this springs eternal doubt. Jobs are on the line if 2014 takes on a pattern similar to 2013. That certainly goes for manager John Gibbons. The heat already is being turned up on general manager Alex Anthopoulos. The players know it, including the ace knuckleballer for whom much was traded away over a year ago. "Guys really know that this is a big year for us collectively," said R.A. Dickey, who will make his second consecutive opening day start for the Blue Jays. "Were kind of getting a mulligan this year. Last year a lot of things went wrong. This year were pretty much all healthy, were here, weve been here all spring, weve been able to do relationships with one another and now were in a much different place than we were last year and its a much more comfortable place." While its nice that a full season has bred greater familiarity, the degree to which teammates are comfortable around one another will only take them so far. The Blue Jays go into the season with a starting rotation full of question marks on the heels of last year, when the club finished 29th out of 30 teams in starting staff ERA (4.81). "Thats the key to our success this year, thats the key to anyones success is how well you pitch as far as giving you a chance," said manager John Gibbons. "Were ready to go. Weve had a good spring all year." All things being equal, namely health, you know what youll get from Dickey and Mark Buehrle. The knuckleballer will be among the American League leaders in innings pitched, he was second last year with 224 2/3 innings despite pitching most of the first half with a strained muscle in his neck, and if Dickeys spring is any indication he could improve upon last years numbers (14 wins, 4.21 ERA). "I feel prepared. I feel confident, which is great," Dickey said after his final Grapefruit League start on March 26. "Last year I didnt feel very confident simply because I didnt feel as prepared. Im really looking forward to getting started and being able to adjust my schedule this year in a way that really maximizes my preparedness has been great." Buehrle, whose 12 wins and 203 2/3 innings in 2013 marked the 13th consecutive season hes achieved double-digit victories and more than 200 innings pitched, said of his changeup after an early March outing that it hadnt been that good in three years. Typically a slow starter, Buehrles 4.32 career ERA in the month of April is his worst for any month of the season. The joke has been how good he feels. "Its a joke but not a joke," explained Buehrle. "At times you go through your little stretches where you almost say, man, I wish I was giving up some hits and home runs to kind of get them out of the way for the season. But I feel good. I mean, obviously the results in spring training dont mean stuff but you still want to get people out no matter whether its spring training or the regular season. I feel good and I think thats the biggest thing Im taking out of this camp is I feel healthy, Im ready to go and hopefully the results are there." Thrrow Drew Hutchison and Brandon Morrow in the questionable category. [url=https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/327b-bobby-orr-jersey-blackhawks.html]Bobby Orr Jersey[/url]. Hutchison is there because hes 23 years old and likely to experience the normal ups and downs of any young pitcher, not to mention he has limited minor league innings under his belt following last summers return from Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. Still, Hutchison was the Jays best pitcher this spring. He earned a starting job on merit and appears poised to resume a career halted by injury in June, 2012. Morrow, entering the final guaranteed year of his contract (the Blue Jays hold a $10 million option for 2015), must prove he can not only remain healthy but that he can pitch effectively, consistently. The Jays need Morrow to be his 2012 version (10-7, 2.96, 1.115 WHIP) save for the two and a half months lost to an oblique strain. Dont think the 29-year-old doesnt feel he has a point to prove. "You definitely dont want to be labeled as somebody injury prone," said Morrow. "My goal is to go out there and make every start this year. I had a positive spring so Im feeling good about it." Its a wait-and-see, hold-your-breath approach with Dustin McGowan, wholl be closely monitored not only during his outings but in between starts. The 32-year-old is returning to the starting rotation on a full-time basis for the first time since 2008. Multiple shoulder surgeries and various other injuries later, McGowans story is testament to his resolve but also a reflection of the Blue Jays lack, at the moment, of quality starting pitching depth. Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman and Sean Nolin are on the way but arent ready yet. Todd Redmond or J.A. Happ, once the issues with his wonky back get worked out, are the immediate fallback plans should McGowan falter. Anything the Jays get from McGowan has to be considered gravy given what hes been through. CASEY JANSSEN TO DISABLED LIST The Blue Jays have placed closer Casey Janssen on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 29, with what the club is calling a left abdominal/back strain. Janssen, 32, made only three spring appearances, all in the last week, after dealing with pain and stiffness in the back of his pitching shoulder for most of camp. Reached for comment, Janssen told TSN.ca he isnt worried about the state of his shoulder, which was surgically repaired more than a year ago. "Shoulder is feeling good," said Janssen. "Maybe compensated for it but, no, shoulder is good to pitch." Sergio Santos will replace Janssen as the clubs closer for the time being. Catcher Erik Kratz, who lost out to Josh Thole for the back-up job to Dioner Navarro, has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. McGOWAN THROWS SIMULATED GAME Dustin McGowan threw a 77-pitch simulated game at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium on Sunday. General manager Alex Anthopoulos, speaking on a Sunday afternoon conference call, said that as of this moment McGowan is on track to start the home opener on Friday against the Yankees. McGowan describes himself as a "second day pain guy," meaning his shoulder is most uncomfortable following his second sleep after a start. Regardless, at the moment the 32-year-old appears to have cleared all hurdles in his attempt to return to the starting rotation. ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

the striker is about to sign a five-and-a-half year