Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

Royals left-hander Danny Duffy failed

#1 von wh3171 , 26.12.2019 09:21

NASHVILLE -- Tennessee Titans coach Ken Whisenhunts defensive staff has a Cleveland Browns flavour. [url=https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/nike-dunk-sale/]Nike Dunk Sale[/url] . Whisenhunt continued putting together his staff Monday by announcing the hiring of defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton and defensive backs coach Louie Cioffi, who each filled the same roles this season in Cleveland. The Browns fired head coach Rob Chudzinski after the season. During the 2011 and 2012 seasons, Horton was defensive co-ordinator and Cioffi was defensive backs coach in Arizona while Whisenhunt was the Cardinals head coach. "I am excited about this opportunity, to be reunited with Coach Whisenhunt and to be a piece of the puzzle to move this team forward," Horton said Monday in a release announcing the move. The Browns allowed the third-fewest yards per pass attempt of any NFL team this season. The Browns ranked ninth in the NFL in total defence, up from 23rd a year earlier. "Scheme-wise, one of the most impressive things about Ray is his flexibility," Whisenhunt said in a team release. "He has the ability to go between a 4-3 and 3-4 and put our players in the best position to succeed. It has been evident by what he done and where his defences have ranked in the league over the last few years." Horton worked on the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff from 2004-10. He also was a secondary coach for two seasons with the Detroit Lions and five seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals. He began his coaching career as a defensive assistant for the Washington Redskins from 1994-96. Horton also had a 10-year playing career as a safety with the Cincinnati Bengals (1983-88) and Dallas Cowboys (1989-92). During Cioffis one season in Cleveland, Browns cornerback Joe Haden earned his first Pro Bowl selection and picked off four passes. Cioffi also helped the Cardinals lead the NFL in passer rating allowed and rank second in the league with 22 interceptions in 2012. Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson had seven interceptions in 2012 to earn his first Pro Bowl selection. Cioffi also was a staff assistant with the New York Jets in 1993-94 and coached with the Cincinnati Bengals from 1997-2010. "I am very excited to be reunited with Coach Whisenhunt and to get to work building a championship team," Cioffi said. "I think (Whisenhunt) is an outstanding communicator, a great motivator and terrific at attacking opposing offences." [url=https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/air-max-96-sale/]Air Max 96 Sale[/url] .Y. - Major League Soccers independent review panel has taken back the fine and one-game suspension it placed on Toronto FC forward Luke Moore earlier this week. [url=https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/air-jordan-33-sale/]Air Jordan 33 Sale[/url] . The biggest shock of this seasons competition was on when Watford took a 2-0 lead after 30 minutes at Etihad Stadium, only for a remarkable Aguero-led comeback by City in the final half-hour. The Argentina striker produced clinical finishes in the 60th and 79th minutes to level the score before Aleksandar Kolarov put City in front in the 87th. [url=https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/nike-basketball-shoes-sale/]https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/nike-basketball-shoes-sale/[/url] .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Salvador Perez is on a power surge and the Kansas City Royals keeping hanging on in the wild-card race. Perez hit a two-run homer off Justin Verlander and the Royals beat the Detroit Tigers 4-3 on Saturday night. Perez drove a two-out pitch over the left-field wall to put the Royals ahead 4-2. He is hitting .347 with seven home runs and 20 RBIs in his past 21 games. "Soon as I hit it, I knew the ball was gone," Perez said. "I hit it pretty good." Verlander (12-11) is 0-3 with three no-decisions in six starts since an Aug. 6 victory at Cleveland. The Tigers have dropped his past six starts and are 13-17 in his 30 starts this season. "I think he did a great job," Tigers catcher Brayan Pena said. "The pitch to Perez it was a pitch down. He struck out a lot of guys and he kept the ball down. It was just one pitch that hurt us." The Royals have won all five games Verlander has started against them this season. Verlander allowed four runs and eight hits in seven innings, while walking one and striking out seven. "You can say what you want, but Verlander is tough as nails," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "Hes as good as they come. And weve done very well against him. Theyve all been nip-and-tuck, one-run games for the most part, but weve come out on top and thats all that matters." Wade Davis (7-10), the second of five Kansas City pitchers, picked up the victory on his 28th birthday, entering with the bases loaded and allowing just one runner to score when he walked Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded after being down in the count 0-2. "Im comfortable in that situation, keeping a low heart rate," Davis said. "Ive faced him (Cabrera) a lot. I knew what he was trying to do. I wasnt going to give in and give him something to whack off the wall or over it. That was just a walk, but hey it paid off." Greg Holland worked a perfect ninth for his 39th save in 42 chances. Cabrera, who leads the American League with 133 RBIs, also singled home another run in the seventh. Royals left-hander Danny Duffy failed to pitch deep into the game in back-to-back starts. Duffy, who walked four in 3 2-3 innings in his previous start, walked five TTigers in 4 1-3 innings. [url=https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/nike-air-pippen-sale/]Nike Air Pippen Sale[/url]. "I didnt have my best command, but the stuff was there," Duffy said. "As long as were shaking hands after the game, thats good with me." Duffy walked two in the first inning and that led to a run when Price Fielders single scored Austin Jackson, who led off the game with a four-pitch walk. "Duffy was a little wild, which we were hoping for, but we just couldnt come up with a big hit," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. Duffy allowed a Nick Castellanos infield single in the fifth, and with one out, walked Roman Santiago and Jackson on eight pitches to load the bases. Davis replaced Duffy and walked Cabrera to score Castellanos. "It took Duffy about five hitters to find his slot," Yost said. "Once he found it, he was pretty good from the second, third and fourth and started to lose it in the fifth. Thats when we brought Wade in and man what a great job he did. "Danny did a great job of keeping us in the game. Your pitch count can get up, but you cant let the game get away from you. Every time Danny has gotten big pitch counts or struggled with command, his stuff is so good, it keeps us in the game." Emilio Bonifacios bunt single in the third scored Alcides Escobar with the first Kansas City run. "Thats part of my game -- bunting," Bonifacio said. "I had that in mind soon as Escobar got to third." Escobars single in the fifth scored Jarrod Dyson, who walked and stole second. When Pena threw out Bonifacio stealing second in the first inning, it ended the Tigers streak at 24 without catching a runner attempting to steal. Bonifacio had been perfect in his first 13 stolen attempts in 23 games since joining the Royals. Notes: Royals 2B Chris Getz, who left in the third inning Tuesday with dizziness, has been cleared to play, passing tests to avoid the seven-day concussion DL. ... Royals C Salvador Perez, who was on the concussion list in early August and left the game Thursday woozy after being struck by a foul tip, opted not to change masks. Perez said he didnt feel comfortable with a new one that offered better protection. ... Tigers SS Jose Iglesias missed his second straight game with shin splints. ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

That tie did not last long