Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

Holliday said his back is still a little stiff

#1 von wh3171 , 23.12.2019 09:36

Secure in his position and having experienced his first win with Toronto, Peter Horachek will try to lead the Maple Leafs to more victories during another road-heavy stretch. [url=https://www.cheapoilers.com/]Wholesale Oilers Jerseys[/url] . That will begin with a visit to the slumping Los Angeles Kings, who are expected to play without two of their top goal scorers in Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli on Monday night. Jonathan Bernier gets the nod in net for the Leafs and the Kings will counter with Martin Jones. Toronto president Brendan Shanahan said Friday that Horachek will remain interim coach for the rest of the season. The Maple Leafs (22-17-3) followed with a 5-2 home victory over Columbus that night in his second game since taking over for the fired Randy Carlyle. James van Riemsdyk concluded his teams four-goal outburst in the opening period, finishing with two goals and an assist. The Maple Leafs gave up 20 shots, their second-lowest total of the season, and outshot the Blue Jackets 17-8 in the first 20 minutes. Im going to have to push them to do it again. Im going to have to continue to prod and push, Horachek said. When you can have some success like tonight, I think the guys feel good about themselves. We need that. They have to know thats that how we want to play. Toronto plays nine of its next 11 on the road, where its dropped six of eight. That begins with a four-game trip that includes three stops in California. The Maple Leafs will try for a fourth consecutive win in Los Angeles as they look to send the Kings (19-13-10) to a season high-tying fourth straight defeat. Los Angeles has gone 0-1-2 to open a season-high seven-game homestand, and a 5-4 shootout defeat to Winnipeg on Saturday was the clubs fifth loss in six contests overall. The Kings rallied from an early 3-0 deficit to take a lead in the third period but gave up the tying goal with 5:56 left in regulation. Theyve allowed 15 non-shootout goals in their last three games. I feel like a broken record here, but everyone has to step up, myself included. We all have to take a little more ownership in our game, defenseman Alec Martinez said. If we keep on digging ourselves in a hole in the first period like weve been and giving up as many goals as weve been, its going to be pretty difficult on us. The Kings have a minus-6 goal differential in the first period of their last six games, leaving them at minus-7 in the opening 20 minutes for the season - among the worst marks in the league. Making matters worse, Pearson broke his left leg Saturday and is out indefinitely. Fellow 12-goal scorer Toffoli is also sidelined indefinitely due to a bout with mononucleosis. The Kings lost 4-3 in a shootout to Toronto on Dec. 14. They rallied from a 2-0 deficit and went ahead in the third before van Riemsdyk scored with 11:11 left. We have to play better defensively than we played them (in Toronto), Horachek said. In their building, its going to be difficult. The Maple Leafs, though, rallied for a 3-2 win in their most recent trip to Los Angeles on March 13 with van Riemsdyk assisting on the tiebreaking short-handed goal. He has three goals and three assists in seven career matchups. The Kings Marian Gaborik has 12 goals and five assists in his last 10 games against Toronto. [url=https://www.cheapoilers.com/]Oilers Jerseys 2020[/url] . Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon. [url=https://www.cheapoilers.com/]Cheap Oilers Jerseys[/url] . Pace had a career-high 10 sacks for Rex Ryans defence-- second only to Muhammad Wilkersons 10 1/2 -- in his sixth season with the Jets. The 33-year-old outside linebacker was an unrestricted free agent. [url=https://www.cheapoilers.com/]https://www.cheapoilers.com/[/url] ., climbed from seventh to fifth spot in womens competition Sunday at the ISU world junior figure skating championships.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The St. Louis Cardinals are pitching so well all they need right now to win is one run. Adam Wainwright became the NLs first nine-game winner, and the Cardinals beat Tampa Bay 1-0 on Tuesday night, the Rays third straight shutout loss. The Cardinals have three consecutive shutouts for the first time since April 2013. St. Louis, with 13 shutouts this season, was coming off 5-0 victories over Toronto on Saturday and Sunday. "Our starting pitching has been extremely good these last few, to say the least," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. It is the Cardinals first stretch of three consecutive road shutouts since Sept. 29, 1962-April 10, 1963 when St. Louis had four in a row. "Pretty amazing," said St. Louis slugger Matt Holliday, who homered. Tampa Bay has been shut out an AL-leading 10 times this season. The Rays, who have lost 14 of 15, have not scored a run in a club-record 28 innings. "Its kind of weird to watch because it just doesnt stay that negative for that long normally," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "It just doesnt but it has. This is truly one of those anomaly moments where weve got to stick together as a group." Wainwright (9-3) scattered seven hits over seven innings. Trevor Rosenthal got the final four outs, including a base-loaded pop fly by Matt Joyce in the eighth, for his 17th save. Holliday put the Cardinals up 1-0 with his fourth homer this season, a long drive to left centre with two outs in the sixth off tough-luck loser Jake Odorizzi (2-7). Holliday and Kolten Wong both returned to the Cardinals lineup. Holliday was scratched Sunday due to a sore lower back, while Wong sat out three games with left shoulder soreness. Holliday said his back is still a little stiff. "Loosened up enough so I could get some good swings," he said. Odorizzi, a Cardinals fan who grew up about 30 miles from Busch Stadium, had a strong performancee in his first game against St. [url=https://www.cheapoilers.com/]Fake Oilers Jerseys[/url]. . Louis. The right-hander gave up one run and three hits in a career-high 7 1-3 innings. "Today I felt I was really executing my pitches and nothing they could do was going to beat me," Odorizzi said. "One mistake by me and I got beat. It was the best outing Ive ever had in the big leagues." Odorizzi had allowed one baserunner, a fourth-inning walk to Holliday, before giving up consecutive two-out singles in the fifth to Jhonny Peralta and John Jay. The inning ended on a fly ball by Peter Bourjos. The Rays threatened in both the first and fourth innings. Ben Zobrist hit a fly ball with two on to end the first. Logan Forsythe lined out to second with the bases loaded and two outs in the fourth. "Its a tough lineup, it really is," Wainwright said. "Theyre going through a funk, I know. As soon as we leave town, theyre going to break out. Ive got a feeling." Sam Freeman inherited two runners and then got two key outs in the eighth before Rosenthal replaced him. NOTES: Former Cardinals manager and Tampa native Tony La Russa will throw the ceremonial first pitch before the finale of the two-game interleague series Wednesday night. La Russa will be inducted into baseballs Hall of Fame on July 27. ... Tampa Bay C Ryan Hanigan (right hamstring tightness) will be activated from the 15-day DL on Wednesday. To make room on the roster, C Ali Solis was optioned to Triple-A Durham. ... The Rays signed 2014 first-round draft pick Casey Gillaspie, a 1B out of Wichita State. ... St. Louis 1B Matt Adams (strained left calf) has started a rehab assignment with Triple-A Memphis. ... This was the third time that Tampa Bay C Jose Molina and his brother, Cardinals C Yadier Molina, have played against each other in the majors. ... Rays LHP Erik Bedard (3-4) and St Louis RHP Michael Wacha (4-4) are Wednesdays scheduled starters. ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

Hamlin was ruled out of his Joe