Zum Seitenanfang Schritt hoch Schritt runter Zum Seitenende

before the fine was announced

#1 von wh3171 , 17.12.2019 08:21

BASSANO DEL GRAPPA, Italy -- Colombias Nairo Quintana showed off his climbing strength and increased his lead in the Giro dItalia with a victory Friday in the 19th stage, a mountain time trial. [url=https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/]Florida Panthers Shirts[/url] . Quintana, runner-up at last years Tour de France, clocked 1 hour, 5 minutes, 37 seconds over the 26.8-kilometre (16.7-mile) route from Bassano del Grappa to Cima Grappa. Italys Fabio Aru finished second, 17 seconds behind, and Colombias Rigoberto Uran was third, 1:26 behind. "I had a great feeling and I took full advantage of it," said Quintana, who rides for the Movistar team. "I was really well prepared." After his second stage win in this years race, Quintana moved 3:07 ahead of Uran in the overall standings. Aru moved ahead of Pierre Roland into third, 3:48 back. Victorias Ryder Hesjedal dropped to ninth overall after finishing 26th in Fridays stage. Svein Tuft of Langley, B.C., was 138th Friday and sat 155th overall. Giuseppe Martinelli, Arus team director with Astana, continued to discuss the controversial 16th stage, which was also won by Quintana amid questions whether the dangerous descent from the Stelvio pass was supposed to be neutralized or not. "I think that conditioned the race," Martinelli said. "Quintana probably would still have won but not with a three-minute advantage (on Aru)." The opening five kilometres (three miles) of the time trial were nearly flat but then the road tilted uphill dramatically, reaching a gradient of 14 per cent at one point. Many riders changed bikes after the flat section, going from a specialized time trial version to their regular road bikes for the climb. Quintana even changed his helmet. "It only cost me a few seconds," Quintana said. "I was really calm. We practiced it." Stage 20 on Saturday is the races last mountain leg, a 167-kilometre (104-mile) route that starts in Maniago and finishes with a climb up the demanding Monte Zoncolan. "I think I already did today what the fans wanted to see," Quintana said. "Tomorrow I hope me and my team can control the stage." The race ends on flatter ground Sunday in the northeastern port city of Trieste. [url=https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/]Wholesale Panthers Jerseys[/url] . -- Crystal Webster avoided elimination at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament with an 8-5 win over Amber Holland on Thursday. [url=https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/]Panthers Jerseys China[/url] .A. Happs hold on a spot in the Blue Jays starting rotation is in question. [url=https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/]https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/[/url] . -- The Orlando Magic finally are showing the patience in critical moments that coach Jacque Vaughn has been waiting for all season. MIAMI -- The flop is having an impact on the playoffs, and its being caught much more than it was in the regular season. Miami guard Dwyane Wade became the latest recipient of a post-season flopping fine Monday when the NBA ordered him to give up $5,000 after a review showed he over-exaggerated a foul during Game 2 of the finals that was charged to San Antonios Manu Ginobili. And theres an ironic twist -- Ginobili is often considered a master flopper, but he wasnt even warned once about it this season. "He took a swipe and he hit me," Wade said Monday, before the fine was announced. "It was a late call by the ref, but he called it." The league saw it a little differently. It was the fifth flopping violation of the playoffs, which works out to one in every 17.2 games. The NBA said 35 flops were caught in the regular season, or one in every 35.1 games. Players are not fined in the regular season until their second flop of the year; in the playoffs, every flop is a fine. "Flopping," Miami guard Shane Battier once said, "is a silent killer." Well, unless it works. Wade drew the foul against Ginobili with 4:09 left in the second quarter on Sunday night. Ginobili, who took a big swipe at the ball about 35 feet from the basket, wound up going to the bench with his third foul of the half. Wade went to the line and made the two resulting free throws, since Miami was already in the bonus. The Heat wound up winning by two points. "I saw Manu coming out of the corner of my eye to try to steal it so my only thing was to make sure that he didnt steal it," Wade said. "He swiped and he wound up hitting me and the ref called a foul. We move on." The Heat-Spurs matchup is tied 1-1, with Game 3 in Miami on Tuesday night. Some of the flops in the playyoffs have been almost circuslike acting jobs, including a pair by Indiana guard Lance Stephenson -- the official leaguewide leader in flopping this season with two violations in the regular season and two more in the post-season. [url=https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/]Panthers Jerseys 2020[/url]. . Hes had to pay $20,000 for those flops, or basically about 2 per cent of his seasons salary. For Wade, whos made nearly $19 million in salary this season, the $5,000 was mere pocket change. And situations like that were pointed out last year by now-retired NBA Commissioner David Stern, who said the small fine "isnt enough. Youre not going to cause somebody to stop it for $5,000 when the average players salary is $5.5 million." Stern added then that anyone who thought the fine would stop the flop is allowing "hope to prevail over reason." So it would be no surprise if tougher flopping penalties were at least discussed when the NBAs competition committee when that group meets this summer. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said hes not surprised that the rate goes up in the playoffs, saying Monday that it could be as simple a reason as "more people in the league office watching each possession." Besides Stephenson and Wade, the other post-season flop fines have been assessed to Indianas Roy Hibbert and the Spurs Tiago Splitter. All of those flops were cited in the conference-final round or later. Indianas season ended with a third straight playoff loss to the Heat. And not surprisingly, it wouldnt seem like the Pacers are rooting for their conference member this time of year -- a media relations official from East finalists tweeted shortly after the Wade-Ginobili play Sunday that the Heat guard deserved a flopping fine and even made what seemed like a lighthearted plea to the league: "Cmon NBA, do it for Lance." ' ' '

wh3171  
wh3171

we couldnt put the puck in the net